WILDSIDE 2020 Submission
Welcome to Centaur’s WILDSIDE submission process! We are looking for the most exciting and audacious artists to come and play with us in Montreal for the hottest two weeks in Winter(January 7-20, 2020). Every theatrical form is welcome. Multidisciplinary works and shows with more than one theatrical form are encouraged.
Due to the repertory schedule of the Festival, shows must not exceed 60 minutes running time. Nightly setup time prior to performance must not exceed 30 minutes. Takedown time post performance must not exceed 15 minutes. Artists accepted to the Festival must be available for the entire two weeks duration.
To submit a project:
Download and fill out the form. Send it by email, alongside the supporting documents to email@example.com
– Tech Rider with a complete list of technical needs
– A letter of support from an artist not involved with the production
– Any archival visuals that are available such as photos or video
– Any press that is available
– $1000 fee
– 75% of the box office
– 5 performances in our 241 seat theatre
– reasonable technical support including 1 house technician
– promotion on our website and through our WILDSIDE Brochure
The deadline for submissions will be September 15, 2019.
TD Saturday Morning Children’s Series Submissions 2019-20
To submit a project:
Centaur is accepting applications for 45 minutes – 1 hour performances for kids for its TD Saturday Morning Children’s Series. We are looking for a wide range of performance styles (theatrical, musical and interactive) to introduce theatre to kids and their families.
The production should be between 40 minutes and one hour and must be able to be performed with a minimal set. The performance will be presented in the theatre’s gallery space, with children seated on the floor and adults in chairs set up by Centaur staff.
Please note that this is a low tech/no tech performance. No sound or lighting is available, and must be provided by the artist if needed. A full black out is not possible. Artists should provide their own sound systems.
The deadline for submissions is September 1st, 2019.
– Box Office services.
– Box office sales (ticket prices less a $2.00 ticket service charge)
– Promotion on our website and on our Children’s Series Brochure
– Front of House staff
Please send up to 5 images of your work (one must be a show visual) along with:
– Name of show
– Your name, company name, phone number and mailing address
– Number of performers
– Months available (Oct-May)
– Short description of company
– Synopsis of show. Max 150 words
– Any press that is available
– 1 paragraph describing why you are interested in presenting at Centaur’s TD Saturday Morning Children’s Series
Please send your submission to Vanessa at groups[at]centaurtheatre.com with SUBJECT line: “Centaur Children’s Series submission”.
Centaur Theatre values the support and dedication of our volunteers. We are always interested to hear from people who share our passion for theatre. This is a great way to get involved in the theatre community.
If you are interested in volunteering with Centaur Theatre, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Box Office Clerk
Approximately 10-20 hrs/week, Centaur Theatre seeks part-time Box Office clerks for phone and in-person tickets sales and related customer service/support duties. This position will run from the beginning of September through to mid May.
Availability is very important – you must be available weekends, as well as 1 or 2 consistent weekday afternoons/evenings. Please clearly outline your availability in your application.
Candidates should address the following qualifications in their Cover Letters and CV’s:
- 1-2 years experience providing customer service, preferably in a sales environment
- Comfortable with handling cash
- Excellent phone and face-to-face presentation skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a team player
- Bilingual: Excellent spoken French and English
Deadline for applications is August 26th, 2019. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Please submit your Cover Letter and CV in a .docx format to: email@example.com
Seasonal Assistant Front of House Manager
The Centaur Theatre Company is looking for a dynamic, bilingual Assistant Front of House Manager.
This is a full-time seasonal position with benefits.
Candidates must have customer service and management experience and be fluent in Excel and Word Programs.
The position requires evening and weekend hours as well as some daytime.
- House managing
Please submit your cover letter and CV to the attention of Layne Shutt:
Thank you for your interest in Centaur Theatre!
Centaur Theatre accepts script submission between June 1st 2019 and the August 1st 2019. If you wish to submit a script, please fill send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Your name and contact information.
- A brief synopsis of your play.
- A cast breakdown (how many people are in the cast, men/women, any doubling).
- A description of your play’s previous development/workshop/production history.
- Please include the first ten pages of your play (not the whole document).
We receive many script submissions every year and it often takes us several months to read them. We are not able to provide dramaturgical feedback.