Centaur Theatre Accessibility
Please notify the Box Office by phone if you require special assistance or seating when you are booking your tickets.
For People with Reduced Mobility
– Centaur is on a cobble stoned street in Old Montreal, with wide and smooth sidewalks
– The front entrance has 5 steps up to the portico, an outdoor covered entranceway
– These steps have a loading ramp with handrails
– The front doors have one step, are fairly lightweight, and each door has a propping mechanism to keep them open
– This entryway is 53 inches wide
– On days with inclement weather, our staff makes the best effort to keep the entrance safe and clear for all patrons
– Inside Centaur has an assistive lift with a maximum weight capacity of 800 pounds
– Centaur 1 is located on the second floor
– Centaur 2 has first and second floor access
– Each have two wheelchair accessible seats
– Our Front of House staff can assist you in moving to your seats
– Inside the building, Centaur is equipped with an individual gender-neutral washroom that has a 34 inch doorway for wheelchair access, an assistive handrail inside, and a wheelchair accessible sink and paper towel dispenser.
– This washroom is located on the ground floor, along with 1 multiple-stall washroom for men and 1 multiple-stall washroom for women
For Hearing Assistance
– Both theatre spaces are equipped with infrared hearing assistive devices
– They function in conjunction with regular hearing aids
– To ensure availability, you may reserve them over the phone with the Box Office when purchasing tickets
– Certain performances may feature strobe lights, bright lights, use of theatrical haze, etc. Please refer to individual show pages for further information.
Unfortunately, due to the architecture of the building’s entrance we are unable to accommodate electric wheelchairs or scooters.