Centaur Theatre Accessibility
Please notify the Box Office by phone at 514-288-3161 if you require special assistance or seating when you are booking your tickets.
For People with Reduced Mobility
- Centaur is on a cobble stoned street in Old Montreal, with wide and smooth sidewalks
- The front entrance has 5 steps up to the portico, an outdoor covered entranceway
- These steps have a loading ramp with handrails
- The front doors have one step, are fairly lightweight, and each door has a propping mechanism to keep them open
- This entryway is 53 inches wide
- On days with inclement weather, our staff makes the best effort to keep the entrance safe and clear for all patrons
- Inside Centaur : we have an assistive lift with a maximum weight capacity of 800 pounds
- Centaur 1 is located on the second floor
- Centaur 2 has first and second floor access
- Each have two wheelchair accessible seats
- Our Front of House staff can assist you in moving to your seats
- Inside the building, Centaur is equipped with an individual gender-neutral washroom that has a 34 inch doorway for wheelchair access, an assistive handrail inside, and a wheelchair accessible sink and paper towel dispenser.
- This washroom is located on the ground floor, along with 1 multiple-stall washroom for men and 1 multiple-stall washroom for women
For Hearing Assistance
- Both theatre spaces are equipped with infrared hearing assistive devices
- They function in conjunction with regular hearing aids
- To ensure availability, you may reserve them over the phone with the Box Office when purchasing tickets
- Certain performances may feature strobe lights, bright lights, use of theatrical haze, etc. Please refer to individual show pages for further information.
- Unfortunately, due to the architecture of the building’s entrance we are unable to accommodate electric wheelchairs or scooters.