Act Now for Theatre
After more than two years of pandemic life that have forced us to keep the curtains closed on our stages, Centaur is thrilled to finally be mounting a full slate of mainstage productions this fall, the first time since 2019! Now that we are ready to welcome audiences back through our doors and return to the stage in full force, there is no better time to show your support for Centaur and ACT NOW FOR THEATRE.
Your gift represents an act of:
- LOVE, by demonstrating your passion for theatre and the performing arts.
- CONFIDENCE, by investing in Centaur’s long legacy as Montreal’s leading English-language theatre.
- COMMUNITY, by joining a group of theatre lovers committed to contributing to our city’s arts sector.
- SOLIDARITY, by showing support for the artists who make our productions possible, many of whose livelihoods were impacted by pandemic closures.
Joining our Director’s Circle of donors comes with select benefits, including invitations to dress rehearsals and intimate gatherings with our Artistic Director. All donations, no matter the size, are essential and fully tax-deductible.
For a first major donation ($5,000 – $25,000), Revenue Quebec offers an extra 25% tax credit in addition to the usual credit for charitable donations.
Your gift will ensure that we can continue our legacy as the jewel in the crown of Montreal’s theatre scene for years to come. We truly could not do it without you.
Every Dollar Counts!
Your entire donation will go directly to Centaur’s productions, including some of these essentials:
- $20 pays for lighting materials, such as the tree-patterned gobo used in Cyclorama
- $100 pays for a sheet of plywood to build a set like that of At the Beginning of Time
- $150 pays for key costume pieces, for example the sneakers worn by Dave in King Dave
- $500 pays for one round-trip bus ride such as the one for Cyclorama
- $1,000 pays for a week’s rental of on-stage projection equipment
- $5,000 pays for special LED light fixtures
Centaur Theatre Company is a registered Canadian charity, No. 118842111RR0001. All donations are tax-deductible.
For further information or assistance contact us via email.
View the list of our generous individual supporters