To submit a project, please click on the appropriate link below.
Thank you for your interest in Centaur Theatre
We accept submissions from Canadian writers.
Please mail a one page script description including:
-Your name and contact information.
-A brief synopsis of your play.
-A cast breakdown (how many in cast, men/women, any doubling).
-A description of your play's previous development/workshop/production history.
Please include the first ten pages of your play (not the whole document).
We receive many script submissions every year and it often takes us several months to read them. We are not able to provide dramaturgical feedback.
Please mail to:
Centaur Theatre Company
Centaur Theatre, Montreal’s leading English-language theatre company, is looking for a Development Assistant to join our fast-paced team and add to our fun and dynamic work environment. This is an entry-level, full-time position in the Development Department and reports to the Director of Development.
This position requires: attention to detail; organizational skills; excellent oral and written communication skills in English; working knowledge of French; interpersonal skills, computer skills (Word for Windows, Excel); basic accounting skills; and an interest in working as part of a team. This position also involves some evening and weekend work (opening night performances, committee meetings and special events). Experience in fundraising, database (Eudonet) and working in a performing arts environment would be an asset.
The Development Assistant provides clerical and administrative support for all areas of the company’s fundraising and development department activities. The duties include:
The incumbent will spend approximately 70% of their time on administrative duties that involve mainly database-related duties, correspondences and mailings. The other 30% of the time involves interpersonal duties, including special event coordination and liaising with donors, sponsors, board members and volunteers.
The interview process will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a résumé as soon as possible by mail, fax or e-mail to:
Director of Development
Centaur Theatre Company
453 St. Francois-Xavier
Montreal, QC H2Y 2T1
Phone: (514) 288-1229, extension 235
Fax : (514) 288-8575